Marion Aldridge, coordinator of CBF of South Carolina, is retiring in January of 2013. CBF of South Carolina is seeking applicants for his replacement.
The coordinator will give leadership to organizing, facilitating and coordinating CBFSC to fulfill its vision of growing as a community of grace on a shared spiritual journey which connects people to Christ and one another.
The coordinator will also serve as a catalyst to nurture spiritual development, encourage congregations to thrive, and value collaborative and innovative ministry and missions.
Inquiries, applications or nominations for the position may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to CBFSC Search Committee, Attn: Casey Callahan, 397 College Avenue, Clemson, SC 29631 no later than September 15, 2012.
Coordinator’s Job Description
The coordinator will give leadership to organizing, facilitating and coordinating CBFSC to fulfill its vision of growing as a community of grace on a shared spiritual journey which connects people to Christ and one another. The coordinator will also serve as a catalyst to nurture spiritual development, encourage congregations to thrive, and value collaborative and innovative ministry and missions.
- NURTURE SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Serve as a ‘presence of CBFSC’ through preaching, speaking, and building relationships among CBFSC congregations, encouraging them on their journeys.
- Encourage educational and experiential following of Jesus Christ.
- SUPPORT/VALUE COLLABORATIVE AND INNOVATIVE MINISTRY AND MISSIONS:
- Personal commitment to and promotion of missions; facilitate connections between churches and missions efforts.
- Facilitate strategic direction and focus for ministry and mission efforts.
- Serve as an organizational liaison between CBFSC and CBF and other agencies, institutions, partners, and potential partners.
- Ensure that CBFSC events are well planned and effectively encourage the mission and vision.
- ENCOURAGE CONGREGATIONS TO THRIVE:
- Maintain strong relationships with leadership in CBFSC congregations.
- Facilitate assistance to congregations in transition.
- Help congregations understand and value their own identity and giftedness.
- Work to promote the full participation of diverse persons in ministry.
- ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS:
- Provide general coordination of all elements of CBFSC work – staff (paid or volunteer), officers, Administrative Council, and Coordinating Council.
- Oversee legal, financial, and personnel obligations of CBFSC, ensuring communication between personnel and finance committees.
- Oversee the communication and promotion of CBFSC, including financial development.
- Ensure the effective performance, development, and teamwork of CBFSC staff, includes effective implementation of policies and procedures.
- Nurture the Vision/Mission: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of CBFSC. Cultivate the growth of the mission/vision among CBFSC members and congregations.
- Spiritual Maturity: Has a balanced lifestyle and a positive self-image. Develops a spiritual maturity formed in theological reflection rooted in biblical knowledge, based on Gospel values, and nurtured in private and communal prayer. Demonstrates spiritual maturity through ethical behavior and personal integrity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates strong leadership skills focused on faithful relationships. Good communicator and listener. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others and self accountable in a spirit of love.
- Management Skills: Capable of effective supervision/coaching of staff members. Delegates, empowers, and holds leaders and volunteers accountable. Thinks systemically, comprehends trends, assesses opportunities and makes decisions with sound judgment. Cultivates and utilizes resources (people, funding, material, support) to carry out the mission and vision of CBFSC. Provides sound attention to fiscal and personnel matters to ensure organizational health.
- Leadership Development: Recognizes leadership, talent and spiritual giftedness. Encourages people to develop their giftedness and accept new levels of responsibility within the CBFSC community.