The planning team for ChurchWorks – Theology Matters offers a blog series to invite you to join other ministers in Decatur this February. ChurchWorks is a time of networking, fellowship and renewal. Join your friends February 23-25th to consider the question “Why does theology matter and how do matters of theology affect our ministries?” We’re going. Are you?
5. ChurchWorks is in Decatur, Ga. – Who doesn’t love the ease of getting to and from Decatur? Your travel budget will be happy because you won’t need to rent a car to get around. And the food choices in Decatur are incredible; choices for the adventurous and the not-so-adventurous. Come for the conference—stay for the food!
4. ChurchWorks is about ministry – At ChurchWorks our conversation will center on Theology Matters. As ministers, you are asked to guide people in their questions about God and life. For three days, with the leadership of Andrew Root, we will reflect together on why theology matters and on matters of theology in our ministry contexts.
3. ChurchWorks is about creativity – Where else can you gather with CBF colleagues in ministry for fellowship, fun and creativity? At ChurchWorks, we want you to share the latest resource that worked for you, tell about the ways God is working in your congregation and create space for new ideas catch hold of you.
2. ChurchWorks is about renewal – Ministry is equally energizing and exhausting. Formation involves taking time for renewal and rest for your self-care. At ChurchWorks, we seek to offer a schedule that encourages you to renew yourself through spiritual formation, rest and fun.
1. ChurchWorks is about you – CBF celebrates you and the good work you lead in congregations across the CBF “denomi-network.” ChurchWorks is your time to come together to learn, reflect and laugh together.
Come to Decatur February 23-25 for CBF’s annual gathering for practitioners of education and spiritual formation in the congregational setting. Find more information and register by February 15 here, or contact Josh Speight at email@example.com with any questions.