What is it?
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship will hold its annual General Assembly in Dallas June 16-19. This event will draw about 2,000 people from across the nation for days of fellowship, learning and worship. Learn more at www.cbf.net/general-assembly.
What about the art?
The theme that will flow through worship sessions is “Building Bridges.” Event planners are hosting a juried art exhibit that will be mounted in the gathering area outside the worship space. Selected art will be displayed June 17-19. The Hyatt Reunion sits within view of the magnificent Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in Dallas, which provides the inspiration for the worship theme. The corresponding art show will depict bridges of any kind.
- All entries must be submitted via email with JPG images attached no later than May 15, 2015.
- Each artist may submit up to three entries for consideration.
- Artists chosen for exhibition will be notified via email beginning May 22, 2015.
- To confirm acceptance and reserve space in the show, an exhibition agreement must be returned promptly.
- Entries selected for inclusion must be available for display at the Hyatt Reunion in Dallas from June 17-19.
- Selected entries should be delivered to Wilshire Baptist Church, 4316 Abrams Road, by Monday, June 15.
- At the time of selection, arrangements will be made for returning art after the show closes.
- Entries should be 2-D works or sculpture with display base included. 2-D works must include hanging hardware that is either D Rings or wire.
- 3-D works must be delivered fully assembled.
- Glazed works must use acrylic. No glass will be accepted.
- Framed art must be less than 70 inches in width.
- Entries may come from any interested artist, whether a member of a CBF congregation or not.
- The artist is responsible for all shipping charges incurred. Shipping materials must be reusable.
- Each selected piece will be displayed with uniform signage, indicating the title of the work, the medium of the work, the date of the work and the name of the artist. Upon selection, artists will be asked to provide or verify this information.
- Prizes will be offered in several categories, as determined by the jurors.
- Although this not an art sales event, pieces that are for sale may be noted as such, with contact information given for the artist. The exhibit organizers will not facilitate any sales.
All entries should be sent via email with JPG images attached, a description of the piece, including dimensions and title, to Mark Wingfield, associate pastor, Wilshire Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas at email@example.com. Deadline for entries is May 15, 2015.