For over two years, a collaborative group led by Pam Durso (Baptist Women in Ministry Executive Director) and myself has gathered monthly for conversations. We have discussed, dreamed, laughed, and listened–based on our shared interest in the roles of women in Baptist life and with the hope of better understanding one another. We have had helpful and insightful conversations, which have resulted in our being stronger advocates and supporters of Baptist women.
We would love to have you join in these conversations! You don’t even have to be in Atlanta, because our group meets via phone conference call and/or online through live meetings.
Our 2012 conversations will focus on Baptist women in leadership. We have planned interview style meetings–each month interviewing two women about their journeys in Baptist life and their leadership development and roles.
Below is a list of dates and times for the next few months. Get these meetings on your calendar. We welcome any and all to attend, and we welcome you to invite your friends and colleagues.
For more information about the meetings and getting connected, please email Aimee Day at email@example.com.
March 6 – 1:00-2:30 (EST)
- Colleen Burroughs, Vice President, Passport, Inc., Birmingham, AL
- Dorisanne Cooper, Pastor, Lakeshore Baptist Church, Waco, TX
April 9 – 1:00-2:30 (EST)
- Suzii Paynter, Director, Texas Baptists’ Advocacy and Care Team and Director, Texas Baptists’ Christian Life Commission, Austin, TX
- Tracy Hartman, Professor of Homiletics and Practical Theology, Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond, Richmond, VA
May 14 – 10:30-12:00 (EST)
- Deniese Dillon, Executive Director, Dillon International
Vice President of Adoption, Buckner Adoption and Maternity Services, Tulsa, OK
- Holly Hollman, General Counsel, Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
June 6 – 1:00-2:30 (EST)
- Julie Pennington-Russell, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Decatur, GA
- Angel Pittman, one of CBF’s field personnel, Director of Development and Volunteers
Touching Miami with Love, Miami, FL