(BIRMINGHAM, Ala.) – Journey to the Cross, the devotional series for Lent, returns to Passport, Inc.’s devotional website, d365.org, Ash Wednesday, March 2, through Sunday, April 17. This series features scripture, prayer, and meditative thoughts accompanied by gentle music. The ecumenical team of writers includes:
- Meredith Forssman, Editor of d365 and Pastor, Bethelkirche in Stuttgart, Germany
- Elizabeth Cervasio, Missioner for Children, Youth, & Campus Ministry for the Episcopal Church in Colorado
- Paris Ball, Minister for Christian Formation & Camps in the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
- Chip Hardwick, Interim Executive for the Synod of the Covenant, Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Stephen Ingram, Pastor of Students, Missions and Adult Formation, Grace United Methodist Church in Birmingham, Alabama
- Courtney Willis, Associate Pastor: Faith Formation & Congregational Life, First Baptist Church in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Jay Kieve, Abuse Prevention and Response Advocate & Director of Ministerial Transitions for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Allison Wehrung, Associate Executive Presbyter, St. Andrew Presbytery and Campus Minister for UKirk of Ole Miss, Presbyterian Church (USA)
Journey to the Cross features a collection of piano arrangements from Mark Hayes. Mark is an internationally known and award-winning composer, arranger, concert pianist and conductor. Mark is blessed to live out his mission “to create beautiful music for the world”.
For d365’s Lenten series, Journey to the Cross, Mark has allowed us to stream his latest album, Classics Revisited. Sheet music is available through the Lorenz Corporation. Each song is a combination of a familiar hymn with excerpts of well-known classical music. The entire album is streaming now on all digital music platforms.
Journey to the Cross is part of the year-round devotional site, d365.org, a ministry of Passport, Inc., and sponsored ecumenically by Passport, Inc., Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, Presbyterian Mission Agency, and The Episcopal Church. d365.org hosts daily devotionals and three seasonal series for Lent, Advent, and the beginning of the school year, as well as over two million visitors annually. Daily devotionals are available on the web and through the free Android and iOS apps.
Passport is a national non-profit student ministry providing creative summer camp experiences for youth and children, with a focus on mission action and education.
www.passportcamps.org | Facebook | Instagram