By Nell Green
Why host a Week of Prayer for the Offering for Global Missions? Because prayer unites us in vision, mission and purpose to provide for the long-term presence of field personnel sharing the Gospel in word and deed through CBF Global Missions. Praying together for God’s abundance to be unleashed in providing these financial resources binds our hearts and minds in a shared mission – to go and bring good news.
During the Week of Prayer, March 13-18, participants will be invited to pray for the three contexts in which Global Missions works: Global Church, Global Migration and Global Poverty. They will have opportunity to pray for field personnel as they live out commitments to bear witness to Jesus Christ, to cultivate beloved community and to seek transformational development. Even as prayers are offered for the work of Global Missions, collectively we will ask God to provide bountifully for the resources needed to sustain the presence of field personnel.
Six things a church or individual can do to join in this special week:
- Include a litany in the order of worship
- Provide bulletin inserts with prayer points to congregants or download a copy for personal use
- Post one of the videos with a prayer point for each day of the week on your social media platform or watch individually online
- Invite congregants to download and use the guide provided for private worship
- Share the website with the available resources with your community via your email updates and/or social media. www.cbf.net/OGMpray. All of the resources mentioned here are on this webpage.
- Invite one of CBF’s field personnel or a Global Missions Team member to share with your congregation either virtually or in person. https://cbf.net/speakers
The March dates might not work for everyone. There are undated materials for use when it is more convenient for your calendar. Thank you for joining in the Week of Prayer for the Offering for Global Missions. Because presence matters.
Nell Green is the Offering for Global Missions Advocate for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Connect with her at email@example.com.