(BIRMINGHAM, Ala.) – Journey to the Cross, the devotional series for Lent, returns to Passport, Inc.’s devotional website, d365.org, Ash Wednesday, February 22, through Sunday, April 9. This series features scripture, prayer, and meditative thoughts accompanied by gentle music. The ecumenical team of writers includes:
- Brian Foreman, Coordinator for Congregational Ministries, Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Neil Myer Presbyterian campus minister for UKirk at Michigan State University & Director of Christian Education, Eastminster Presbyterian Church, East Lansing, Michigan
- Laura Ayala, Global Missions Coordinator, Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Shelli Latham, President, Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation
- Dan Miglets-Nelson, Minister for Children and Youth, Episcopal Church in Minnesota
- Katherine Doyle, Priest in Charge, Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Covington, Virginia
- Todd Buegler, Executive Director, ELCA Youth Ministry Network & Pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church, Owatonna, Minnesota
- Daneen Akers, Executive Director, Watchfire Media, Inc., Writer, Filmmaker, Producer, and member of Circle of Mercy, a UCC and Alliance of Baptist congregation in Asheville, North Carolina
The week of Feb. 27th, our writer will be Neil Myer, who serves as Campus Minister with UKirk at Michigan State University. Neil will reflect on his assigned scripture texts through the lens of the mass shooting event that happened Monday night at Michigan State University. Join us in praying for Neil and his team as they minister to the MSU students in the days ahead.
Devotions are accompanied by arrangements from musicians Mark Hayes, Jon Chako, Carol Goff, Rodrigo Rodriguez, and Carter Harrell.
Journey to the Cross is part of the year-round devotional website and app, d365, a ministry of Passport, Inc. d365, sponsored ecumenically by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, and the Episcopal Church. d365 hosts devotions daily and three seasonal series for Advent, Lent, and an August series called Back2School. Daily devotionals are available 365 days a year on d365.org and through our free Apple and Android apps. For social media images and a downloadable bulletin insert, visit d365.org/share.
Journey to the Cross Writers:
From Left-Right First row: Brian Foreman, Neil Myer, Laura Ayala, Shelli Latham
Second row: Dan Miglets-Nelson, Katherine Doyle, Todd Buegler, Daneen Akers
Passport is a national non-profit student ministry providing creative summer camp experiences for youth and children, focusing on mission action and education.